IGC Approves Rule Change for 2017 Racing Season
Announcements - Author: Jon Vandermolen - April 19, 2017
The IGC has passed the following proposals to take effect for the 2017 racing season:
BLUE STAR EVENTS:
- District Championships are open to ALL members to participate
- Honor awards for the event & qualifications via the event are only granted to the winners which are either members of the organizing District or participating as an isolated member in that District per STCR 29.7
- District Championships may be combined with another event
GREEN STAR EVENTS: ONLY APPLIES TO DISTRICT 13.
- Every District can award a Green Star
- No less than 3 crews must sail in the race
- Green Star can be part of a National, International, District or Silver Star event
- Combined crew together must be less than 70 years of age.
- Top Green Star team wins